Available by phone and/or our website
KCDS Mobile Website
Offering members a calendar of events, online registration and more. Provides public access for referrals to member dentists.
Join us on Facebook
Continuing Education Program
The program includes 7 CE lectures. Lectures will be held at the Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center and will provide 6 CE credits per lecture. Lunch is included.
Licensure Required Courses
- California Dental Practice Act
- Infection Control
KCDS Study Club
Four lectures will be offered during the year. Free to all members. Dinner will be provided. Non-members may attend one lecture for free.
Hospitality in Anaheim!
KCDS members have access to the Orange County Dental Society Hospitality Suite. Attend CDA Presents at the Hilton of Anaheim, earn your CE credits and then take a break, grab a quick cup of coffee and pastry on your way to those early morning lectures and then join OCDS for lunch and enjoy their carving station buffet. Registration for all KCDS members is available for nominal registration fee.
Membership Mixers provide networking opportunities in a social setting. Events will be held at various locations throughout Kern County. Complimentary hors d’oeuvres are provided by KCDS.
KCDS members can bring their files, x-rays and hard drives to, a location to be announced, at our annual event.
Employment Job Bank
KCDS members can search for applicants, post jobs and practices for sale – all by going to the KCDS website “Members Only” section.
One last thought to leave you with:
- Practice Support Center – The Practice Support Center was created to help members with the business aspect of running a practice. It features a content rich website, which includes articles, blogs, podcasts and forums on everything from employment practices to practice management. As a member, you would have access to the website and to experienced practice analysts who staff the Practice Support Center who can answer your questions.
- CDA Presents – CDA hosts two of the nation’s premier dental shows annually, CDA Presents The Art and Science of Dentistry, in Anaheim (spring) and San Francisco (fall). Shows feature up-to-date clinical and technological advancements, extensive trade shows featuring as many as 600 exhibitors, hundreds of CE classes, networking opportunities and a speaker roster unlike any other. Registration to these shows are included in your annual membership.
- The Dentist Insurance Company (TDIC) – TDIC only protects dentist. They are the experts at the coverage needed at every stage of your career.
- Peer Review – Our peer review system is used to resolve disputes that may arise in the delivery of dental services to the public; in particular, disputes regarding the quality and/or appropriateness of dental treatment, utilization (problems related to dental insurance benefits when treatment is questioned), and/or potentially irregular billing practices.
- Endorsed Programs – As a member you would have access to exclusive CDA member discounts on office supplies, merchant credit card fees and more. Be it paper clips or patient financing, we’ve harnessed the buying power of 25,000 dentists to bring you the lowest prices on everything a dentist may need. In fact, you could save nearly enough to pay for your CDA dues just by using a single Endorsed Program. More information on our Endorsed Programs is available at online.
- Advocacy – CDA has a dedicated team of professionals whose sole purpose is to advocate for the profession and for patients.
- Journal of the California Dental Association – This colorful, monthly magazine-style scientific journal offers an in-depth look at the latest dental research, methods, issues, challenges and new products.
- Update – The Update delivers on a monthly basis the latest regulatory, legal, third-party payer and legislative news. From discussions about ethical dilemmas to in-office interviews with dentists, the Update is the accountable news source for California dental professionals.
As a CDA member, you would be part of the largest and most respected state dental association in the country with over 22,500 members. Access to several member benefits in addition to the ones listed above and a wide variety of cost saving resources through CDA, Local Dental Society and the American Dental Association. As a member, you will enjoy benefits designed to support you at each stage of your career! The tripartite membership application can be found online at www.cda.org/application